The Finance Director provides both operational and programmatic support to the entire organization. The main function of this position is to oversee and direct all Accounting and Finance functions, including Gaming Board compliance, and to directly assist the CEO & COO on all strategic and tactical matter as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs to profitably run the business.
Focus is on, but not limited to the following:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and payroll, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Manage and coordinate all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract budgets
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee shareholders’ investments and agreements. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all regulatory compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information
- Assists in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission which includes the execution of staff succession and growth plans
- Work with the President/CEO and COO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts advising the Executive Team/Board on.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits
- Provide the COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis, audits, and management of internal control systems.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Board of Directors
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff
- Manage the recording of all inventory of all fixed assets, assuring all are in accordance with federal and state regulations
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies and evaluate the accounting and reporting impact of new standards.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience as a Controller or Financial Manager in the gaming industry is preferred, with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an executive leadership role being required.
- 10 (ten) or more years’ experience in Accounting/Finance
- Master’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Excellent proficiency in U.S. GAAP
- Experience working in late stage start-ups and the scalling of the business
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- A Jurisdictional Gaming License may be required in various jurisdictions for this position
- Maintain effective communication with peers and subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and company regulations and policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require frequent weekend and evening work.